Owens & Minor Production Team Auditor in Arden, North Carolina
Assists production by ensuring that the components used to assemble a quality product are accurate and free of visible defects during the load and packaging process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Works safely within a team environment.
2.Understands daily production schedules while working with the raw material warehouse team and the production team
3.Verifies the accuracy of all picked work orders prior to setting up for the production team
4.Understands labeling requirements and verifies all labels for correct part numbers, lot numbers, contents, expiration dates and country of origin.Verifies with label room documentation that all labels are correct for the specific work order
5.Verifies with the bill of material that all items are correct for the specific work order
6.Verifies for accuracy and perform all quality test and checks required in the SOP
7.Follows all SOP's and FDA regulations
8.Verifies that all confirmations are accurate and properly documented
9.Verifies that all DMR's requirements are properly documented
10.Communicates all areas of concern to the shift supervisor
11.Tracks daily performance of team. i.e. production efficiency and conformance to schedule
12.Properly loads and packages products on the machines as assigned; may help organize and plan work flow by assisting with line clearance and changeovers.
13.Inspects product for visual defects during the loading and packaging process and identifies product defects and questions product quality.
14.Exceeds production efficiency standards on a regular basis
15.Rotates loading positions as required
16.Participates in team meetings, TPMs and production training
17.Is a positive contributor to all team goals
18.Ensures safety awareness and adherence to all safety policies
19.Assures adherence to SOPs's GMP & ISO policies
20.Properly accounts for time and attendance by entering the correct codes as directed
21.Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized.
22.Understands and enforces spatial separation and product movement requirements
23.Rotates positions as required including back up for the Team Auditor
24.Accurately counts and determines information necessary to confirm production in SAP system
25.Assists with training of new team members
26.Works on multiple production lines
27.Participates in process problem solving and solutions
28.Supports TPM and all operations improvements
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1.High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2.Computer experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1.Puts success of team above own interests; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed;exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
2.Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
3.Meets productivity standards; works quickly; completes work in timely manner.
4.Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
5.Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
6.Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other employees of the organization.
7.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problemsinvolving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily activities.
- Knowledge of product line and understanding of QSR.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to use testing equipment.
- Ability to pass skills test.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
2.MS Office Suite
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1.Inside working conditions.
2.No environmental hazards indicated for this role.
3.The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
1. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
2. Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
3. Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
4. Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.