Owens & Minor Small Package & Samples Processor in Arden, North Carolina
Responsible for the accurate storage, shipping, and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, quality, security, and productivity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Acts as confidential assistant to General Counsel and legal staff, preserving the confidentiality of information related to the organization and staff.Assists with confidential and/or sensitive matters; provides explanation and support where needed.
2.Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
3.Determines appropriate method of shipment.
4.Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
5.Assembles cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
6.Inserts items into containers and binds containers with metal tape.
7.Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions on to containers.
8.Posts weights and shipping charges and affixes postage.
9.Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet customer and/or company specifications.
10.Operates lift truck or uses hand truck to move shipments to loading area or onto trailer.
11.Notifies supervisor of any unsafe acts, equipment, or reoccurring error codes.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1.Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
2.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
3.Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
4.Computer experience preferred.Ability to learn and function in a SAP and Microsoft Office environment.
5.Ability to obtain forklift certification.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
2.MS Office Suite
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1.Inside working conditions.
2.No environmental hazards indicated for this role.
3.Frequent standing, frequent walking, some sitting, repetitive arm/hand movements, reaching, twisting, lifting regularly up to 50 pounds, occasionally 100 pounds, frequent bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, close vision for quality check of written labels & artwork.
1. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
2. Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
3. Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.