Owens & Minor Warehouse Coordinator in Edwardsville, Illinois
Responsible for ensuring that all shipping and/or receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with customers as required and, in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, may develop outbound freight schedules. Keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Checks outbound shipments for accuracy and readiness for customer delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping documents and gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping activities.
- Assures that shipping counts match picking documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies.
- Collects all documentation for outbound freight and routes to the proper record keeping unit.
- Ensures proper labels and tickets have been applied before shipping.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- May pick orders to be shipped.
- Schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.RECEIVING
Ensures the accuracy of all receiving documents and gathers and matches forms (PO, packing slip, computer printout) relative to receiving activities.
- Assures that receiving counts match purchase orders and packing slips documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies.
- Files all receiving paperwork in PO sequence.
- Identifies backorders and places merchandise in designated holding area for expedited handling.
- Receives UPS orders and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
- Verifies (recounts) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May place incoming merchandise into inventory.
- May direct and oversee the pallet control and exchange program.
- May assist in unloading trucks.
- May operate fork lift and truck.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less
Depth Perception - Three-dimensional visionAbility to judge distance and space relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are. This factor is important when depth perception is required for successful job performance and/or for reasons of safety to oneself and others.
Field of Vision
Observing and area that can be seen up and in a given point. This factor is important when job performance requires seeing a large area while keeping the eyes fixed.
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Hand truck, catalogs, charts, forms, inventories, manuals, pallet jack, scale
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Inside working conditions.
No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.
PROTECTIVE FOOTWEAR REQUIREMENT-?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /->-?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /->
1.Warehouse Teammates are required to wear protective footwear that meets the ASTM F2413-11 standard in order to perform their job functions.
2.Teammates will need to provide their own protective footwear. Footwear will need to be available on the first day of employment.