Owens & Minor Regional Transportation Supervisor in Kennesaw, Georgia
Executes the strategic transportation plan for our Point of Care (POC) logistics and transportation network including but not limited to oversight of the day to day activities, exception resolution and development of standard operating processes (SOPs).Working with local FSL Operations Supervisor hires and trains mobile inventory technicians. Works with transportation planner and control tower function to ensure smooth deliveries and is an escalation point for transportation issues.Implements and stabilizes transportation operations for new business and is the on-site implementation resource for startup operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Executes the strategic transportation plan for our POC logistics and transportation network.
2.Oversees the day to day activity for our POC transportation network.
3.Resolves exceptions and/or issues in our POC transportation network.
4.Hires and trains mobile inventory technicians (drivers).
5.Develops and implements SOPs for POC transportation.
6.Acts as a liaison for transportation planners and control towers functions.
7.Acts as an escalation point for delivery or transportation issues.
8.Acts as on-site implementation resource for all start-up operations.
9.Implements and stabilizes transportation operations for new business.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years directly applicable transportation operations experience required.
- Dispatch and routing experience required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or exposure to fleet management technology or Transportation Management Systems (TMS) preferred
- Medical courier operations experience a plus
- Strong people management and development skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills