Owens & Minor Client Engagement Associate in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Creates backorder notes for customer review and entering these notes into the appropriate system.Contacts vendors for status when indicated and provides ETAs (estimated time of arrival) on reports and external communications.Proactively makes suggestions to customers on critical backorders or items not immediately available (Manufacturer Backorder).Communicates critical issues to the Sales team or other Customer Service department professionals when indicated.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Reviews backorders to be shipped for customers on a daily basis.
2.Analyzes customer data to determine the expected product line usage for each Customer.
3.Investigates to determine the cause of Back-ordered stock items.Estimates the time of arrival into the local Distribution Center or Customer site.
4.Calls the manufacturer if an item is overdue or if the customer has established usage.Obtains an ETA from the manufacturer as well as tracking information, if provided.Makes notes on the Owens & Minor (O&M) Purchase Order with results of the call.
5.Contacts vendors or engages in other forms of research to determine the viability of a substitute equivalent product for the items on manufacturer backorder.
6.Determines if stocking is indicated and notes on the report Items when an item not currently stocked.
7.Follows up on interbranch transfers and drop ships that are over 14 days old in order to obtain status.Notes the item's tracking information and invoice copy (if indicated) on the O&M Purchase Order.
8.On a weekly basis, reviews all backorders for all assigned customers.Follows up on overdue ETAs making note of changes.
9.Updates or creates daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
2.Reviews print orders to ensure accuracy and completeness.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1.High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent required
2.Associate Degree or Some College preferred
3.Internal Customer Service Certification required
4.Minimum, two years of work experience in data entry and/or in a customer-facing role required
5.Knowledge of customer relationship management software preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of products found in the Heath Care industry and ability to understand product information/criticality
- Ability to use critical thinking in order to determine product usage and suggest substitute products candidate substitute products
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize enterprise software technologies like enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Basic use of automated office equipment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good recordkeeping skills, both soft and hard copies
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills
- Customer-focused and self-motivated problem solver who is comfortable with performing in a key role supporting our customers
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and organized in performing work processes
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and independence, as appropriate
- Ability to deal with difficult customers, deliver messages and build good working relationships
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic, English and grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable to clerical routines
- Open to coaching and feedback for development
- Performs all duties in an accurate and timely matter
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
1.General office equipment Fax machine, calculator, copy machine, computing and web-based technology and reports.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1.Inside working conditions.
2.No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.