Owens & Minor Client Engagement Specialist in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Supports the Client Engagement Center (CEC) and customer experience by providing superior customer service to clients using critical thinking skills and resources provided. Accurately creates necessary tasks for follow up and resolution. Steps in and acts in all functions (order management, product flow, usage, and credits) on the CEC team as needed and as instructed. Acts as primary client liaison in a manner that maximizes Customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Primary Customer Point of Contact
1.Answers incoming inquiries in a professional, courteous and efficient manner; provides superior service to client resulting in high rate of first contact resolution.
2.Acts as an internal champion for the customer experience.
3.Handles all incoming issues and either resolves them or assigns tasks to the appropriate team within the Client Engagement Center or other internal O&M team, using smart customer-focused decision making skills;forwards all non-essential duties to the appropriate support desks (backorders, drop ships, credits).
4.Follows up on all outstanding tasks to ensure completion and provides updates to customer as needed.
5.Anticipates, and where appropriate, mitigates any issues before they can negatively impact the customer experience.
6.Proactively communicates surfaced issues to the Customer in order to address and resolve as quickly as possible.
7.Fully documents all work performed and communications delivered to the customer; uses case management software to appropriately record and track outstanding activities.
8.Understands and prioritizes incoming requests using critical knowledge of healthcare and customer specific needs.
9.Acts as liaison for all client interaction and escalation point as necessary.
10.Triages complex issues, acting as point person to ensure timely resolution.
11.Must learn some cross-functional knowledge of other CEC-team roles.
12.Collaborates directly with other client engagement, purchasing support, and finance operations teammates.
13.Accurately enters any orders as needed or as directed by leaders in a timely manner.
14.Accurately records detailed information about the order as requested.
Returns / Credits
15.Accurately records reports of shipping discrepancies, customer requests for return and receipt of unsalable products and opens case in Customer Resource Management (CRM) tool; effectively communicates Owens & Minor's return policy to customers and ensures that customer understands the policy.
16.Processes credits, reships, and returns; obtains Certificate-of-Destruction for items not returned.
17.Sends Return Goods Authorizations (RGAs) and works with Distribution Centers (DC) on need for call tags.
18.Ensures all appropriate fees are accurately assessed in accordance with Owens & Minor's return policy.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Five or more years of Customer Service experience required; knowledge of Health Care industry a plus
- Customer Service certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Ability to thrive in a matrix organization where direction may come from direct manager and/or a process owner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning, organizational, and recordkeeping skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to seek issue resolution and problem solve
- Strong follow-up skills
- PC/Systems skills & knowledge: MS Office required; ability to quickly learn and utilize enterprise software technologies like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Resource Management (CRM) Systems; Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Ability to use critical thinking in order to determine best course of resolution for a problem
- Requires cross-functional awareness and ability to classify/triage customer issues and concerns
- Ability to work various shifts