Owens & Minor Director Point of Care Transportation in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Provides thought leadership and strategy development for Point of Care (POC) Logistics.Develops and implements our POC transportation strategy.Leads the transportation work stream for onboarding new business. Establishes standard processes and procedures for route planning and dispatch, inventory tech hiring and training and asset acquisition.Provides analytical strength to perform route analysis and market development.Leads the implementation of a new fleet management platform for POC Logistics.Represents the transportation function in new business pursuits and acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Establishes standard processes and procedures for route planning and dispatch, and asset acquisition. Works with Forward Stocking Location (FSL) Operations management in hiring and training Mobile Inventory Technicians.
2.Provides analytical strength to perform route analysis and market development.
3.Represents the transportation function in new business pursuits and acquisitions.
4.Leads the implementation of a new fleet management platform for POC logisticsthat enables the organization to meet our strategic vision and related goals.
5.Provides recommendations to the Vice President, Transportation and to the Operating VP, Manufacturer Services on ways to achieve business goals and objectives; responsible for communication, implementation, and measurement of associated programs.
6.Directs the change and implementation of uniform "best practices" in Company operations, policies and procedures within area or region. Recommends/implements corrections to procedure problems as needed; tracks compliance with best practices.
7.Works with POC Leadership to set targets and goals for POC business process improvement and profitability goals.Assists cost management in determining methods to track and measure performance to identified standards.
8.Consults with POC Leadership regarding issues relating to continuous operational efficiencies.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Perform additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Eighteen years managing dynamic transportation operations required; ten years of supervisory experience required
- In depth knowledge of best practice within the Transportation industry required
- Extensive experience with fleet management technology and/or Transportation Management System (TMS) preferred
- Medical device logistics experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent leadership skills needed
- Passion for the POC logistics
- Extensive experience developing a POC transportation process
- Transportation excellence and flawless execution required
- Thorough knowledge of logistics and transportation industry, including the selection and development of new technologies and systems
- Financial management skills
- Effective leadership skills, ability to influence and manage teammates in remote locations
- Excellent communication skills, ability to tailor communications to meet the needs of both internal and external audiences
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Project management skills, ability to develop action plans and follow-up to completion
- Ability to work with all levels of teammates
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and perform under stress
- Travel up to 30%