Owens & Minor Manager of Organizational Effectiveness in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Serves as an organizational design consultant to internal clients providing leadership and support to refine and execute broad-scale initiatives that realign departments, divisions, or teams within the company.In partnership with business leaders, implements strategies to enhance individual roles, team alignment, and performance to improve the organization's capabilities to deliver against goals.Develops programs to support potential cultural change, teammate development, and senior team effectiveness associated with organizational re-design.Works with business leaders to gain support for succession planning programs and advances the organization's commitment to diversity, inclusion, cultural awareness, and sensitivities surrounding these issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Identifies and leads resources from across the business to support organizational change and execution of changes.Partners extensively across various functions to identify impacts and develops and executes resolutions facilitating new organizational design.
2.Consults with senior leadership to design and execute organizational initiatives such as structure redesign, large scale organizational change, and division-wide re-organizations.
3.Develops understanding of organizational business problems to be solved by discussing with key stakeholders and collaborating with leaders to create solutions; partners with managers to implement solutions.
4.Manages internal client relationships and expectations effectively; influences thinking surrounding complex organizational design issues.
5.Develops specific plans designed to support organization business development goals and addresses complex organizational challenges.
6.Designs functions and departments to increase workforce performance while enriching the experience for each teammate; works with the compensation team on defining new roles/jobs in support of this effort.
7.Develops project plans and schedules to successfully implement new organizational structures; identifies and leads resources needed across the organization to achieve project goals and implement change.
8.Collaborates with the Communications Team on the creation of communications plan and associated materials to deliver information to appropriate audiences.
9.Develops effective change management and transformation strategies that help leaders and teammates successfully absorb organizational changes and increase organizational performance; leverages HR Services team to delivery change management plan.
10.Advises leadership on talent management issues impacting short-term and long-term business goals and succession planning needs; identifies and leverages opportunities for talent management integration within key business processes and programs across the organization.
11.Partners with HR Operations team to develop and implement the succession planning process, including assessing leaders' career interests, abilities, and future opportunities to be able to identify critical skills and forecast the bench strength/talent gaps that might exist within the organization.
12.Builds a framework to enable a lifecycle approach to talent management across the organization; collaborates with HR Services team to integrate talent management best practices, learning, and development programs; provides strategic workforce metrics and insights to customize strategies for internal clients.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
* Qualifications *
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1.Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
2.Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in Organizational Design, Change Management, Human Resources Administration, or related discipline required
3.Five years of large enterprise-wide project management experience preferred
4.Substantial experience in organizational design process or a leadership role in organizational design or change management function required
5.Experience in a fast-paced, matrixed environment required
6.International experience/exposure is highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception through completion
- Demonstrated capabilities in process design, organizational development and/or change management practices, tools, and techniques
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with a track record of success in consulting with senior leadership
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments and lead team members and partner to ensure integrated execution of project deliverables
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; good listener
- Possess strong ability to maintain confidential information
- Proven ability to work with teammates at all levels of the organization
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, effectively reporting problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Excellent customer service skills with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Strong ability to anticipate future needs of the organization
- Manages time and resources effectively through strong organization, multi-tasking, delegation, time management and project management skills
- Ability to use MS Business Suite applications:Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Proven ability to motivate and manage projects in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Strong ability to set and carry out goals, working effectively during times of transition and helping others adjust to change
1.Ability to travel up to 20%; domestic and international