Owens & Minor Operating VP, Global Platform Delivery and Technology in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Designs and promotes the global technology architecture considering platforms and application development methods & toolsets.Responsible for the end-to-end data integration for transactional, operational and analytical information availability, storage, archiving and the toolsets used to turn information into commercial offerings and business intelligence.Works with the business to ensure data quality and with the CISO to ensure data security.Provides for and owns application interoperability and the processes of data transfer between internal and external sources.Oversees critical platform integrations.Responsible for cloud application management and the technology supporting Master Data Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Supports the corporate strategy by designing and promoting the Platform/Application roadmap from current state to an ever-evolving Future State.
2.Champions data technology to provide the business data and information necessary to generate revenue through commercial means and provide cost savings through the interpretation and application of data analysis.
3.Collaborates and manages third party experts in achieving business critical objectives while building strategic relationships.
4.Assists the business in identifying positive business cases that employ technology and information.
5.Keep Information technology on the leading edge of platform/application development and implementation methods and toolsets.
6.Manages director level resources to accomplish the goals of the company while advancing the information technology offering to be best in class.
7.Recommends technology opportunities and options in critical business matters.
8.Works in partnership with the VP of Global Infrastructure and the Corporate Information Security Officer to ensure a coordinated application of solutions.
9.Fosters a team that promotes ideation, risk taking and innovation in a positive productive work environment.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ten year experience in creating application architectures with an emphases on data manipulation
- Twenty years in Information Technology with experience in technology transformation and application lifecycle management
- Experience leading large initiative that employ Agile principals to all facets of integrations and change
- Experience in large IT portfolio management
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of cloud, platform, application and datatechnologies
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Acumen of business and the appropriate application of technology
- Effective developer of cross-functional /multi-level relationships
Proficiency and extensive expertise in:
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Process Analysis & Design
- Business Systems Solutions
- Client Management
- Program Management
- Financial Planning & Management
- Vendor Management
- Application Software Procurement
- System Architecture Design
1.Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, national and international.