Owens & Minor Purchasing Specialist in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Coordinates the new/lost business "Add-to-Stock" process.Responsible for managing IBT requests.This positions reports to the Purchasing Support Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates the new/lost business add-to-stock process: including receiving, reviewing, and inputting sales rep new business reports.Works with sales reps to ensure that new/lost business is provided in a timely manner and in the correct formats.
- Acts as the main point of contact for sales, customer service, and customers for new business.Responsible for customer notification of new item availability.
- Manages the new item add, item enhancement information process via the Product Master File system.
- Responsible for responding to IBT requests from other DC's, analyzing the request and making a yes/no decision.
- Expedite At Risk Items
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
A high school diploma required; some college preferred.
Over one year up to and including three years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
A.Good interpersonal skills
B.Strong verbal and written communication skills
C.Solid planning and organizational skills
D.Ability to work independently and as part of a team
E.Ability to independently seek issue resolution
F.Strong follow-up skills
G.PC/Systems skills & knowledge:MS Word & Excel & Access
H.Customer service oriented
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
General office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
- Inside working conditions.
- No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Light Work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. However, if the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.Talking is important for those activities in which employees must impart oral information to clients or to the public, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other employees accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Perceiving the nature of sounds.Hearing is important for those activities which require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines.