Owens & Minor Service Level Specialist in Wilsonville, Oregon
Responsible for ensuring that contractual obligations associated with Customer Service Levels are met for a specific customer or set of customers.This position will manage the At Risk item process which proactively identifies those items which might stock out over a specified period of time and develops appropriate strategies to avoid service level failures which includes making expediting decisions for critical at risk items in collaboration with customer service team.Partners with the customer, account executive, and customer service to develop and maintain approved core item list and substitute item lists.Has a good understanding of DSS and can run all reports regarding performance for assigned customers.Run, review, and prepare customer service level reports based on contract requirements to include core/critical item performance.Central point of contact for new/lost business "Add-to-Stock" process for specific customer(s) across multiple DC's/accounts.Has a good understanding of the JDA sales forecasting and replenishment systems.Collaborate with purchasing team to address issues for critical items.Partners with the Regional Asset Manager in the development and maintenance of customer dedicated safety stock to ensure dedicated safety stock is adequate to meet service level requirements.This position reports to the Lead Partner or AVP Provider Services with a dotted line responsibility to the Regional Purchasing Manager for execution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates the new/lost business add-to-stock process: including receiving, reviewing, and inputting sales rep new business reports for the assigned customers.Works with sales reps to ensure that new/lost business is provided in a timely manner and in the correct formats.
- Acts as the main point of contact for sales, customer service, and customers for new business.Responsible for customer notification of new item availability for specific accounts.
- Primary person responsible for stock/non-stock decisions for specific accounts.Collaborates with the purchasing analyst/provider services team on decisions as needed.Ensures that all customer specific requirements are met regarding the move to stock/non-stock process before any actions are taken.
- Understands and uses our JDA supply chain planning engines.Uses JDA customer at risk process to determine and process critical item expedite orders where appropriate.
- Capable of building and running a variety of analytical tools including business objects/DSS, excel, access.Runs DSS service level reports and apparent root cause reports.Builds and reviews reports for internal and external leadership regarding service level performance.
- Determines best source of expedite product, internal IBT, vendor PO or other sourcing.Manages all inbound IBT or vendor PO's dedicated to a specific customer. Writes manual external vendor PO's and internal IBT PO's in support of customer performance.
- Assists the purchasing team on determining status of late PO's for customer specific at risk items.
- Builds and present root cause and service level reports for assigned customers on a regular basis.
- Partners with customer, account executive and customer service to build and maintain approved substitute item lists.Ensures that we have a ready supply of the sub items if needs.
- Ensures customer specific issues across all company functions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Runs three month no usage reports for assigned customers and reviews with the accounts to determine appropriate actions.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Assist purchasing team with actions related to supporting assigned customers.
2.Verify in-bound receiving appointments with the receiving team for at risk items.
3.Analyze and report on customer and internal performance metrics.
4.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1.A high school diploma required; some college preferred.
2.Over one year up to and including three years.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1.Good interpersonal skills.
2.Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3.Solid planning and organizational skills.
4.Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
5.Ability to independently seek issue resolution.
6.Strong follow-up skills.
7.PC/Systems skills & knowledge:MS Word & Excel & Access.
8.Customer service oriented
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
1.General office equipment including a PC.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1.Inside working conditions.
2.No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.
1. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
2. Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
3. Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
4. Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.